“Not every day is going to offer us a chance to save somebody’s life, but every day offers us an opportunity to affect one.”
-Mark Bezos, Assistant Captain of a volunteer fire company in Westchester County, New York
Are You Ready To Be One of Us?
We are your neighbor, the “guy or girl next door.” We are husbands, fathers, sons, wives, mothers or daughters. We are the factory worker, the business owner, the corporate executive. We are the jogger, the sports fan, the handyman. You’ll see us in every house of worship and in our local stores, proudly wearing the emblem which shows that we are a member of a fraternity dedicated to preserving life…All Lives!
- No experience required!
- Stop by 200 Alpine Drive, Shelbyville and complete an application.
- Must be 18 years of age with a valid Driver’s License. (Or 14 years old to join our Junior Firefighter Program.)
- We train on Thursdays. Morning training is at 9:30am. Evening training is at 6:30pm. Attend the training that fits your schedule.
- Must live in the Shelby County Fire District.
There are 1.2 million firefighters in the United States.
72% of them are volunteers!
Your community needs YOU!
- Free Training: There is no experience required! We provide excellent training to you at no cost to you.
- All fire gear, safety equipment is provided at no cost to you: We make sure our members are provided with excellent, safe equipment.
- Community Service: Pride in giving back to your community, helping others and providing a valuable service.
- Family Events: We welcome your whole family with many family events throughout the year. We also have Auxiliary and Junior Firefighter Programs.
- Networking: Meet new people, make lifelong friends.
Still have questions? Please call us or stop by the offices. Monday-Friday 9am-5pm or on Thursday evenings and we would love to answer any questions!